Return of used parts
Since we refurbish and recycle old turbochargers for reuse, we always need the old parts back.
BTS sells all turbochargers, starters and alternators on an exchange basis.
You will receive a new part from the BTS range and then return the replaced defective item to BTS.
Here's how the return process works:
- You will receive a new turbocharger from us, with which you will be charged a deposit.
- Ideally, you pack the old part in the box of the new turbocharger.
- You make sure that the BTS ID is clearly legible on the carton. The deposit amount is assigned to you via this.
- You send back the old turbocharger in the box of the new turbocharger free of charge.
- If all return criteria have been met, the deposit will be refunded to you.
Return criteria for turbochargers
1. Back-in-the-Box systemA separate used parts return bill is no longer required, as our goods are provided with a BTS identification number. Both the sales data and the origin are stored via this number. A simple delivery bill is sufficient for shipping.
Old parts are to be returned in the box of the new part, which is marked with a sticker.
The blue sticker must not be removed, pasted over or damaged.
The BTS ID must not be removed, taped over or damaged.
2. Condition of the turbochargerThe old part must be returned unassembled and complete. No components may be dismantled, replaced or removed. Force damage caused externally is also excluded from the return.
Excluded, of course, are broken turbochargers or lost turbine wheels. In this case, the destroyed old part can be recognized for the deposit value credit.
Please send the old part undismantled.
Components must not have been dismantled, replaced or removed.
Broken parts and lost turbine wheels are of no concern.
3. Type plates of the turbochargerThe type plate of the old part must not be removed. Turbochargers without a type plate or with a manipulated type plate cannot be taken back, as clear identification for return to the manufacturer is no longer possible.
If the type plate is no longer legible, please do not make any changes here. We have better possibilities at BTS to make it legible again.
Please do not attempt to restore illegible signs yourself.
We at BTS can restore illegible signs to readable condition ourselves.
The type plate must not be removed or manipulated under any circumstances.
4. Compliance with newly purchased turbochargerFor the creation of the deposit value credit, it is assumed that a turbocharger is returned as an old part, which corresponds to the acquired new turbocharger in its application.
The newly acquired turbocharger usually has a more recent production status. For this reason, the manufacturer part number or the OE part number on the nameplate will not always be identical.
During the sorting of used parts, competent employees check the possible variants. As soon as the different numbers of the turbochargers replace each other, this criterion of the deposit value credit is fulfilled.
The old part is usually comparable to the new part in terms of dimensions and appearance.
Please pay attention to obvious differences here, such as size.